TT Consultants Director speaks on the occasion of Women Entrepreneurship Day
To celebrate the spirit of women entrepreneurs, Yi(Young Indians) Chandigarh Chapter (http://www.youngindians.net/) invited our Director, Ms. Komal Talwar, to present her views on the topic of Women Entrepreneurship through a ‘Panel Discussion and Workshop’ for the budding women entrepreneurs of the city across different age groups.
Intent of the ‘Panel Talk and Workshop’ was:
Experience sharing by the successful Women Entrepreneurs on the path less taken.
- To engage the women of the Tri City on Entrepreneurship
- To have focused group discussions with the attendees on the challenges and hurdles and how to overcome them.
- The Global Entrepreneurship Week (www.gew.co) supported by Kauffmann Foundation is the world’s largest celebration of the innovators and job creators who launch startups that bring ideas to life, drive economic growth and expand human welfare.
According to a recent World Bank study, the global earning power of women is poised to beat the combined GDPs of China and India in 2014. Any country that manages to tip the scales in favor of women’s participation in the workforce is guaranteed to be ahead of the times.
Yi Chandigarh is celebrating the ‘Global Entrepreneurship Week’ (GEW) from Nov 17-23. This year’s agenda includes the following flagship events:
- Social Entrepreneurship Day: 17th Nov’14
- Women Entrepreneurship Day: 20th Nov’14
- Quick Start-up For School Students: 17-23 Nov’14
- Start-Up Expo for 50+ Startups/SME’s with ISB Mohali: 21-22nd Nov’14
Ms Talwar founded TT Consultants in 2006 with one employee faculty. She is a graduate from LSR College, Delhi (one of the top colleges in India) along with a degree in Law. Presently, the business is being run under her leadership and as a disciplined entrepreneur; she keeps a strict watch on overall responsibilities ranging from Business Development to innovation in services to HR policies. As a result of her efforts, TTC today is one of the most well recognized IP firm. She was honored as the “Woman Entrepreneur of the Year – Emerging Enterprise” by the TiE Stree Shakti Awards 2011 and the “Woman Entrepreneur of the Year” by the Software Technology Parks of India (STPI), 2010.