Empower your IP success: Unleash innovation with our Large Language model-driven solutions!
Maximizing the Value of Patent Portfolios Through Strategic Prosecution: A Solution for High-Tech Companies
In the fast-paced world of technology, companies invest heavily in building their patent portfolios to protect their innovative ideas and intellectual property. However, building a large patent portfolio can come at a cost, compromising the quality of the patents, and making it difficult to monetize them effectively. This is especially true for top patent owners, who need to balance quality with quantity, while also ensuring that their patents hold future value.
A Case Study Of A High-Tech Company Facing This Similar Challenge
They realized that maintaining a large patent portfolio would require a significant financial investment, and they needed to ensure that each patent held commercial and financial viability. As a result, they had to let go of many patents before their term expiration. To address this challenge, the company sought out a strategic partner capable of handling their organizational scale, providing technical expertise, and implementing an efficient and scalable solution with measurable results.
The solution provided by TT Consultants, called Strategic Prosecution, involves a five-step process that identifies unclaimed subject matter from the patent specification and recommendation to pursue for continuation filing, and/or suggests improvements in drafting claims of the current pending application. By filing a continuation patent application and utilizing strategic prosecution, companies can significantly enhance the quality of their patent portfolio and increase the monetizing potential of their patents, resulting in a higher return on investment.
Table of Contents
The Strategic Prosecution Workflow
- Begin with regular USTPO checks to monitor the status of the patent applications
- Our team conducted thorough research and analysis to identify unclaimed subject matter from the patent specification
- Analysis of prior art references already cited during the prosecution history of all family patents & prior art assessment
- An Evidence-of-Use (EoU) chart is created by identifying any competing commercial products or technologies by performing an infringement search (first pass search on a proprietary automated tool, XLSCOUT followed by a detailed manual search) for novel unclaimed subject matter
- Finally, based on the above analysis, the team suggested a recommendation to pursue continuation filing and/or improvements in drafting claims of the current pending application.
Strategic Prosecution is a scalable and efficient solution that can be tailored to the needs of any high-tech company seeking to maximize the value of its intellectual property.
At TT Consultants, we can help businesses strengthen their patent portfolios by monitoring the prosecution of their patent applications. By partnering with us, companies can ensure that their patent portfolio is of the highest quality, increasing their chances of monetizing their patents effectively, and securing their place as an industry leader.
We’ve constantly identified the value of new technology carried out by our pretty skilled executive crew with backgrounds as our professionals. Like the IP professionals we empower, our starvation for development is never-ending. We IMPROVISE, ADAPT, and IMPLEMENT in a strategic manner.
TT Consultants offers a range of efficient, high-quality solutions for your intellectual property management ranging from
- Patentability Search
- Invalidation Search
- FTO (Freedom to Operate)
- Patent Portfolio Management
- Patent Monitoring
- Patent Infringement Search
- Patent Drafting & Illustrations
and much more. We provide both law firms and corporations in many industries with turnkey solutions.Contact Us