Into the Metaverse: The Top 10 Businesses to Keep an Eye On
The term “metaverse” refers to a virtual reality (VR) or augmented reality (AR) space where users can interact with a computer-generated environment and other users in real time. It is often described as a collective virtual shared space that encompasses various virtual worlds, augmented reality experiences, and internet services.
Table of Contents
The concept of the metaverse has gained significant attention in recent years due to advancements in technology and the growing interest in immersive digital experiences. The vision of the metaverse is to create a seamless and interconnected virtual realm that transcends individual platforms or applications, allowing users to navigate and interact with digital content and other users across multiple devices and environments.
Avatars, or computerized representations of real persons, are permitted in the metaverse, enabling users to interact with one another in a variety of places, such as the workplace, the office, sporting events, concerts, or dressing rooms. Evidently, a number of Metaverse businesses are securing their future by embracing avatars and enabling immersive interactions in various settings.
Background of the Metaverse
Neal Stephenson, a science fiction novelist, first used the word “metaverse” in his 1992 book “Snow Crash.” The metaverse in the book is a virtual reality-based replacement for the internet where users may communicate and take part in a variety of activities.
In the 1990s, online virtual worlds and massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) began to emerge, laying the foundation for the metaverse concept. Games like Ultima Online (1997) and EverQuest (1999) allowed players to interact in persistent virtual environments.
Ten Metaverse Businesses To Watch In 2023
Companies and tech giants are actively exploring the development of the metaverse. This includes building virtual reality platforms, creating virtual worlds, and integrating augmented reality experiences into our everyday lives.
Here are 10 metaverse businesses to watch in 2023:
- Facebook (now Meta Platforms Inc.): Facebook has been actively investing in virtual reality and augmented reality technologies. With the recent re-branding as Meta, the company aims to build the metaverse and create social and immersive experiences across its platforms.
Facebook (Meta) joined the metaverse in 2014 when it paid $2 billion to purchase Oculus. The tech behemoth hoped to extend Oculus’ virtual reality capabilities beyond gaming to industries including communications, media, entertainment, and education through this acquisition.
According to Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Meta, “Mobile is today’s platform, and now we’re also getting ready for the platforms of tomorrow. Oculus has the chance to create the most social platform ever, and change the way we work, play, and communicate.”
Meta announced a $1 billion investment in a new data center in Spain in March 2022. The business intends to assist in building the metaverse’s framework and has ambitions to hire 2,000 locals to speed up development. The firm claims that although the new data center’s construction will be finished by 2023, it won’t start operating until 2029.
- Metavesal: The enterprise-grade provider of metaverse-as-a-service, Metavesal offers rentable pre-built metaverse spaces. Anyone may host virtual meetings, plan events, conferences, NFT demonstrations, and product debuts, launch an online store, and more with Metavesal. A metaverse location may accommodate anywhere from 50 people in a modest meeting room to 200 people in a performance hall.
- Roblox Corporation: Roblox is a user-generated content platform that allows users to create and play games. It has a strong community of developers and players, making it a potential player in the metaverse space.
In July 2020, Roblox announced the launch of “Party Place,” an online hangout. In order to combat the COVID-19 pandemic, the feature was created using new technology that was used during the 2020 Bloxy Awards. In order to support the growth of the metaverse in 2021, Roblox created a number of partnerships, including one with Sony Music Entertainment to offer virtual entertainment and another with Nike to develop Nikeland, a virtual play area.
- Microsoft: With its HoloLens augmented reality headset and the development of the Microsoft Mesh platform, Microsoft has been actively exploring the potential of the metaverse. They aim to enable collaborative and shared experiences across devices.
- Decentraland: Decentraland is a blockchain-based virtual world where users can buy, sell, and own virtual land and assets. It operates on a decentralized platform, allowing users to create and monetize their content.
- Magic Leap: Magic Leap develops augmented reality hardware and software, including their Magic Leap One headset. They are dedicated to creating immersive experiences and exploring the potential of augmented reality in the metaverse. Magic Leap debuted its first augmented reality headset in August 2018.
The Magic Leap 1 augmented reality headset, which was released in August 2018, is almost identical to earlier models. It has a transparent front so the user can see their surroundings, onboard projectors to cast augmented reality images onto them, sensors to pinpoint their location in space and onboard speakers.
Magic Leap introduced Mica, an augmented reality human-like AI, in 2018. The AI is developed as the ideal user interface for human-centered AI that encourages people to respond in a natural way. Mica is able to meet user demand for interactions and intelligence.
- Accenture: Accenture is a top supplier of metaverse services and solutions with nearly 15 years of experience as a pioneer in Web3 and related technologies. Innovative Web3 solutions, such as NFT marketplaces, blockchain development, extended reality, 3D commerce, and more, can be produced by enterprises using Accenture. Regardless of the use cases, Accenture can adapt to suit project-specific objectives.
- HashCash Consultants: HashCash Consultants will be the next business to use personalization to build an interesting metaverse. They are known for their demanding and excellent project quality, putting in a lot of effort to finish tasks, and—most importantly—being adaptable developers. Regardless of whether the projects are for SMEs or startups, they are known for offering the best assistance. They also provide specific marketing services for your individual project.
- L&T Infotech: With its wide range of meticulously selected development services, L&T Infotech is climbing the cryptocurrency ladder. Its list has just gotten longer with the metaverse included, putting it on a similar level with other metaverse giants. Its cutting-edge technical platforms create the best environments for customers to interact and have a good time while earning millions of dollars.
- IndraCapital: Indra Capital has been laying its foundation since 2019. Technology is advanced at an unfathomable rate thanks to artificial intelligence and consulting experience. Indra Capital offers top-notchservices in the metaverse domain.
While the metaverse is still an evolving concept, it has the potential to revolutionize various aspects of our lives, including entertainment, communication, education, commerce, and more. In the metaverse, users can engage in social activities, attend virtual events, explore virtual worlds, create and trade digital assets, and collaborate with others on projects or shared goals.
On the other hand, while the concept of the metaverse has a rich history, it is important to note that its full realization is still an ongoing process. The metaverse is a complex and evolving idea that requires advancements in technology, infrastructure, and user adoption to reach its full potential.
At TT Consultants, our distinctive approach is centered around our hybrid solution that blends the power of AI-enabled XLSOUT technology with human expertise. This unparalleled combination allows us to offer top-notch solutions for your intellectual property management requirements.
Our team comprises skilled professionals, including experienced IP professionals, who are passionate about constant innovation and development. We take pride in our ability to IMPROVISE, ADAPT, and IMPLEMENT customized and strategic solutions that cater to the unique needs of our clients.
TT Consultants offers a range of efficient, high-quality solutions for your intellectual property management ranging from
- Patentability Search
- Invalidation Search
- FTO (Freedom to Operate)
- Patent Portfolio Management
- Patent Monitoring
- Patent Infringement Search
- Patent Drafting & Illustrations
and much more. We provide both law firms and corporations in many industries with turnkey solutions.Contact Us